Leggat Discovery Ford is seeking Apprentice technicians to join our Quick Lane Service team.
We offer a competitive compensation plan along with group benefit program.
- Document and perform work as outlined on repair order following all dealership and factory standards.
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil; replace oil and air filters.
- Inspect vehicle fluid levels and replace or replenish as necessary.
- Check tire pressure and add air if needed.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Keep shop area neat and clean.
- Maintain accountability for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
- Eagerness to improve
- Entry-level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair preferred
- Strong physical dexterity for working with tools
- Collaborates well with others in a team setting
- Strong communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record supported by a current driver's abstract