Leggat Discovery Ford is looking for a Licensed Automotive Technician to join our team.
As an Automotive Service Technician with Leggat Discovery Ford we are proud to offer our candidates a competitive compensation plan along with a group benefits program, a paid on-the-job training period, a uniform allowance, yearly boot allowance, and OEM service and certification recognition.
Reporting to the Fixed Operations Manager, as a qualified technician you are capable of diagnosing problems and carrying out repairs in several areas or all areas. May specialize in specific repair areas. As a team member, you contribute to the overall success of the department-specific to quality of work, service standards, and CSI results.
Experienced Certified Service Automotive Technicians required. Various technical skills including HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Transmission and Trim an asset.
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership policies and procedures.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
- 3+ years of Service Technician experience required
- A-level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair
- Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies
- Ambitious, hardworking presence in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Minimum high school diploma & license technician certificate required 310S or 310T
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record