Leggat Discovery Ford is seeking a Licensed Diesel Technician to join our Commercial Vehicle Service Team. We have an established and busy Commercial Vehicle Service shop that caters specifically to our Commercial Vehicle clients. Our Commercial Vehicle service business has grown substantially over the last few years and the potential for continued growth requires us to add additional team members.
We are proud to offer our Licensed Diesel Technician candidates a competitive compensation plan along with a group benefits program, a paid on the job training period, a uniform allowance, yearly boot allowance, and OEM service and certification recognition
Reporting to the Fixed Operations Manager, as a qualified technician you are capable of diagnosing problems and carrying out repairs in several areas or all areas. May specialize in specific repair areas. As a team member, you contribute to the overall success of the department-specific to quality of work, service standards, and CSI results.
Experienced Certified Service Automotive Technicians required. Various technical skills including HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Transmission, and Trim an asset.
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership policies and procedures.
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
- Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
- If you think that we're a fit, please reply with your resume and a cover letter. All applications are kept in the strictest of confidence.
- 3+ years of Service Technician experience required
- 310S or 310T license technical certificate required
- A-level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair
- Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies
- Ambitious, hardworking presence in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Minimum high school diploma & license technician certificate required
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record