Leggat Auto Group is looking for a Controller to join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, and working closely with the accounting team, this position is responsible for performing a variety of activities in support of a financial reporting function, including financial records preparation and analysis, and adherence to all standard accounting practices and statutes.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ensure all month-end and year-end reports are completed on time and accurately
- Full cycle accounting including month-end and year-end close processes, journal entries, invoicing, bank reconciliations, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable management including the review, payment management, and reconciliations.
- Support and oversee junior accounting employees and their work.
- Process GST remittances and monthly reporting.
- Prepare manufacturer financial statements.
- Prepare third-party quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Work closely with store management to manage balance sheets, inventory, and expense analysis.
- Monitor cash balances, receivables, and flooring payouts.
- Standard and Ad Hoc report preparation for senior management.
- Process, review, and analyze payroll; focus on discrepancies and taxable deductions.
- Ensure all standard accounting policies, procedures and controls are consistently and accurately applied.
- Perform additional accounting responsibilities as required.
- An understanding of the interworking of a dealership environment, particularly as it relates to accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures
- Strong computer literacy
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills - must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- A high degree of common sense and intellect with a well-developed business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks for self and others and follow them through to completion
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities of various departments
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 5 Years Accounting Experience
- Post Secondary Education in Accounting
- Professional accounting designation (or working towards a Canadian designation) is an asset
- Experience in the Automotive Industry and familiarity with Reynolds and Reynolds, CDK (ADP Dealership) is an asset, but not required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.