Are you a passionate customer-driven person with exceptional people management and selling skills?
The Leggat Chevrolet, Buick, GMC Toronto is seeking a dynamic General Sales Manager to join our team!
Reporting to the General Manager, you are an individual who develops relationships and teams, enjoys interacting with customers, takes accountability and ownership for all aspects of the dealership's business. As a General Sales Manager, with a strong knowledge and understanding of General Motors products and operating systems, you lead by example and ensure your direct reports understand how to achieve success and contribute to the overall dealership results. Along with your General Motors experience, you possess an understanding of the non-prime market and its potential.
As the General Sales Manager you have an acute understanding of the evolving automotive digital retail landscape and embrace digital technology to achieve and exceed targets while continuing to review the business for revenue and productivity enhancements and efficiencies. You are not afraid to make tough decisions and excel at moving processes forward.
We offer a competitive compensation plan along with group benefit program.
- Hire, train, and develop a team of automotive salespeople.
- Utilize digital platforms and CRM systems to manage the business along with your teams.
- Drive results through others.
- Coach salespeople on standard methodologies for closing deals and providing leadership to improve sales performance.
- Set sales goals, track progress, and lead teams to achieve and exceed those quotas.
- Assist customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explain product performance, application, and benefits to prospective customers.
- Describe all optional equipment/products available for customer purchase.
- Perform high-quality, professional, and knowledgeable presentation and demonstration of new/used vehicles.
- Continued learning and coaching teams to overcome objections, close sales, and perform all other steps of the sales process in accordance with company standards.
- Provide training and support to the sales staff and assist in closing deals.
- Previous and proven dealership and management experience required.
- Efficient in utilizing digital platforms (ecommerce & social media) tools and CRM systems to manage and evolve teams with a focus on how the client would like to engage in the sales process.
- Quality customer service, communication/responsiveness, computer, digital tools (mobile first) approach along with demonstrated overall business acumen and management skills.
- Leadership skills with a real passion for training and coaching employees.
- Goal-oriented with a passion to drive team and dealership results.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities.
- Clean driving record & valid driver’s license and Omvic license.